Thursday 28 March 2013

Review: Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint by Barry M!

Hi guys, so today I have a review on a product that I have a few thoughts on. I have a love - hate relationship with this product and I have been promising you a review on it for quite a while now!

Let's just get into it! So the first thing I want to talk about is the colour. I LOVE the colour so much! It's an extremely pastel purple with a hint of blue in it! It's my perfect spring shade and I wore it on my nails for about two weeks straight - which is a lot to say for me because I change my nail colour, nearly, every other day! This colour is perfect with a tan too and would pop on any skin tone, I believe. Also the colour name is so cute and unique, I think! If any of you guys have seen the colour "Bikini So Teeny" by Essie then you may think, like I do, that this nail polish is a slightly more purple version of it! Also by Essie, "Boxer Shorts" is a more vibrant purple than this whereas this polish is a pastel version.





I got my Barry M nail polishes from Boots, where they were having a "buy two and get a pound off deal" on all of the different ranges and types of nail polishes from Barry M. You can get them online from Boots and Superdrug and there is usually always some kind of deal on the polishes or Barry M in general, including makeup.





The application is very easy of this nail polish and it is a really great nail polish for how it applies! Because it is a gel-ish kind of finish, this means it dries quite quickly and is really shiny and lasts for at least half a week, great for holidays! You don't need a base coat with this particular shade, but I have heard from others that certain shades, in the Gelly Hi-Shine range, do stain your nails. I, however, have not experienced that with this colour.



I only have two problems with this polish. The problem is that you have to apply two coats, which I'm not bothered about, but it is quite annoying that I can't get away with only one coat but this colour is definitely worth the patience. Linking with this point is the fact that if you smudge it, you have to take a nail full of polish completely off meaning you can't just correct it. 

Overall, I really like this product but you do have to have a lot of time spare time to let it dry and set in properly, but other than this, I really like the way it looks and I really like the polish in general.

Thanks for reading,
Olivia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment